Ages: This is best for Big Kid Scientists
- 2 cups white glue
- 1 cup liquid starch
- Food Coloring
- Zip-Lock bag
Procedures: With supervision, Big Kid Scientists can measure everything themselves.
- Pour 2 cups white glue into a bowl
- Add 1 cup liquid starch
- Add drops of food coloring for fun
- Mix with the spoon (The Science Mommy often uses her fingers)
- Slime can be stored in an airtight container
Questions for Kid Scientists:
- How do the different materials affect the quality of slime? What happens with too much glue or too much starch?
- Is the slime a solid or a liquid?
- Research: What is a non-newtonian liquid?